Monday, December 15, 2008

future men

Over the past, well, twenty years of my life I have noticed something. I noticed something that drastically needs to change about the boys of America. We will talk about that a little later; however I would like to bring up this simple fact: our boys will be men one day. Or put in other words, our boys are future men. So right now it would be appropriate for you to think about all the boys you know. Ponder and think about the boys you know that are under the age of 21... What did you think about them? Would you want to see them as fathers raising kids? Would you want to see them as managers running business's? Would you like to see them politicians running the country? How about husbands to their wives? The truth is, when I think and ponder about most of the boys, tears begin to fall. Sadly its true, all the boys you and I thought of will be men one day.
The past years those boys have been growing up into men and look at our society now. This is one of my passions and there is no doubt I could preach for days. Now before I started reading this book my passion for it was strong. This book took the words right out of my mouth, and with more eloquence. I have been reading a book called "Future Men" by Douglas Wilson. If you are a male and a christian you must pick up this book and read it.
I want to share with you a few thoughts from the book. Chapter one is called "The Shape of Masculinity" and it's all about men's role in this world. There are five roles men are supposed to fill and be. I will tell you the five, and then in another post expound on one of them.

The five: lords, husbandmen, saviors, sages and glory-bearers.

Those five give you a Biblical shape to masculinity. It will be my joy to talk about this further a little later on. Just know, boys, those five are for you to walk out and will bring you into the man God wants you to be. Boys, search the Bible for who God wants you to be, read proverbs...a lot!

I love you guys! : )

tim.
reformata.



Random thoughts about the law from Johnny Mac-

God’s grace cannot be faithfully preached to unbelievers until the law is preached, and man’s corrupt nature is exposed. It is impossible for a person to fully realize his need for God’s grace until he sees how terribly he has failed the standards of God’s law.

- John MacArthur

2 comments:

Melonie de Puglia said...

Aw this is really good! I hope to read that book too. I love The Fruit of her Hands by Nancy Wilson! It's so good :)

Anyways, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this hun! It's good for people to read this :)

Miss you!

<3 Mel

Griff said...

Sounds like a book that I must read Tim. Mel, you would leace a comment like that 2 days after you last saw tim.