Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Update time!

Hello friends and family,

Big news has happened in my life. I am no longer at the Honor Academy. Yes, it's true and many of you will be shocked to hear that. Even more if you have been supporting me for a while. I would like to say thank you for your past support, and I'm thankful to the Lord you did not have to support me this year. When my internship was supported on your money, I don't know that I would have left. Your support is very important to me, and I want to make the most out the money you have provided. This year, the Honor Academy paid for me to be there, as many of you know. With them funding my ability to to be there, I did not have a problem leaving.

Now let me explain to you why I left and what happened. I did not break my commitment. I hold strongly to commitments and believe the Lord would have not been happy if I just up and left. Truly it would have been a sin for me to do that. Is the Lord pleased with breaking a marriage commitment? no. Neither would He in this situation. Alright, here me out. Since I came to the HA I have had a few problems with certain activities within the Honor Academy. After being there 2 1/2 years I have seen my fair share of un-Biblical things. This year, it drove me to ask to be released of my commitment. It was on my conscience "Ask... Just ask, the worst that can happen is they say no and you have to stay." With that, I went to upper leadership of the Honor Academy and asked. I brought a list of "Pros and Cons" that I saw within the HA. I said, "The thins on the con list are what I would like to see changed, it's not my job to change them, but is there a chance they will change? If not, I would like to be released. We can shake hands a agree to disagree." After two meetings like that, the decision was made, "Tim we decided it's best that you are released" and I left March 9th 2009. That's what happened.

I'm sorry to all those people I did get to say good-bye too. It was not intended to happen that way at all; however it did happen. I hope this has been able to clear up some details on what happened. If you anyone said "Tim was dismissed" or "Tim broke is commitment" neither of those are true. I had the HA's blessing to leave. Thank you for being understanding.

To those who did support me the past years. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I have become a different man as a result of the HA. I love the Lord so much more, and I pursue him everyday now. A lot of who I am, I owe to the grace of God through the HA. Praise Jesus not the HA. To God be all the Glory (1CO 10:31; 1PE 4:11)With that, I want to make sure you do not send me any more money or send anything to the HA. I don't need the money and you have already given me more then I need. Thank you so much, and know the Lord did great things with that money, it did not go to waste. Thank God for the good that did happen, and continue to support other people (missionaries across the world) who need the money.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I was pretty vague on purpose to save face of the HA, I'm not interested in talking bad about the HA; however you do need to know whats going on.

I love you all, have a great day!!

tim.
reformata.

No comments: